Wednesday, November 7, 2012

5 months.

My big girl just keeps on growing!  And she's got such personality.  She certainly enjoys babbling if you talk to her.  But if she's not in a talking mood, she'll still give you the biggest grin!

Believe it or not, Jovie isn't really sleeping through the night.  With me home, I think she thinks she can eat anytime she wants.  When I was working, she slept a good 5 hours.  Right now she's eating every three hours, morning - noon - and night.

I've been told to let her cry it out.  I'm not ready yet.  Maybe when she gets to six months...but maybe not.  It's seriously like politics (I hope you voted, by the way!).  When it comes to mommy-land there always seems to be two schools of thoughts and you're on one side or the other.

Cloth diapers or disposable?  Baby food or home-made?  Babywise or Happiest Baby on the Block?  Attachment parenting or not?

Ahh!  I'm still trying to find where I stand on everything because this is my first little one...but I really think in the end it's different for every child - because every child is different!  By the way, I really suggest clicking those links above and finding out for yourself where you stand if you're a mom or going to be one!  Both have helpful stuff!



Jovie is also...umm...tooting a lot more.  The other day we were in Target and we're sure it lasted a good minute (non-stop).  Such a little lady!

She loves our dog, Tobias!  Even though Tobias is still feeling a little left out lately.  They'll be best of friends when she gets a bit older!  I'll have to get a picture of them together.

She smiles so much, not only with me and Rhett, but with other people.  Supposedly, the 'stranger-danger' phase comes in a little later.

Still no teeth, but she certainly likes to suck on her teether and Sophie the giraffe.  I bet she starts teething in a couple weeks when we go home to see the grandparents!

She still isn't on any solids.  Our pediatrician recommended she wait until 6 months so that she doesn't develop any food allergies.  Though, she certainly is interested in our food...and we'll do our best to hold out until 6 months, but might have to bring out the oatmeal a little bit earlier.

Anyways, the following pictures were taken yesterday (when she actually turned 5 months)...but I realize I forgot the little sticker and it was already dark..so I didn't have time to put it on.  So I snapped a quick one with her 5 months sticker (which you can find on etsy by the way).





No comments:

Post a Comment