Friday, October 12, 2012

self worth.

Today was my last day at the station.  I quit my job to have more time with Jovie.  

I was never truly sure of that decision until the last couple of weeks.  Things got really hard.

I'd be sleeping next to my giggling baby - not being able to really pay attention to her, hardly able to change her diaper.  I felt so guilty.

And I was so SO tired.

I was literally working from midnight to 9 a.m.  and then coming home to a baby that had already slept all night.

Too much of my self worth was tied up in my job - the job that I've had for more than 4 years now.  I feel like it's that way for a lot of people.  I'll be dealing with that for a while.  If I'm not a career woman, then who am I?  I'll feel a little embarrassed saying I'm a stay-at-home mom in the coming months...even though I know it's the right decision.  After all, it was never in MY life plan.  But God knows better, right?

It's this time when I'll be learning that my identity is not in my job and I'm no less smart or valuable without it.  That doesn't mean I won't return to TV, but I'll be a better person for this time without it.

Anyways, here are some pictures (mostly taken by Rhett) on my last day.  This is the rare occasion where you'll actually see me in pictures.

I really will miss everyone.  I'll still see them.  Just not Monday through Friday.


{My coanchor Spencer and his wife are truly friends of ours.  I'll miss his jokes every morning.}




{Joaquin, our director, is truly the best co-worker.  He never complains, which is hard for an overnight shift!  He's also the best at what he does - even for a Giants fan. }


{Bri is the sweetest and I'm sad we didn't get more time together.  BUT, we'll be having craft parties in the near future.  Her humor was right there with mine and Spencers.}



{This crew, (Devon on the right), is the best there is.}



{The picture on the right is why we call her a little tortuga - turtle}



{gangster}


{future anchor, maybe?}



{She could only handle a 30 minute shift before freaking out}



I love you, family.  On to the next chapter.




No comments:

Post a Comment