Tuesday, July 3, 2012

As happy as...an elephant?

<3.


This picture makes it look like Jovie is a little obsessed with elephants.  But no.  Her dad and I are obsessed with her little elephant shirt, though.

Jovie is also sitting in her swing from grandma and grandpa Allen.  She loves it.  It really helps calms her down when she's being fussy/tired.


You may have noticed her recent smiles in pictures (because every post has to have a picture).  That smile helps me when I'm feeling sad, grumpy, or tired.  Not that I'm suggesting people should have babies because of how it makes them feel at all.  

But it's the relationship I'm developing with my little one that makes me realize that all the other little things I worry about in life just don't matter as much.  That relationship makes me forget about how I'm going to pay hospital bills or when I'm going to get to shower next or do the laundry. 
(I wish family lived closer!) 
But the bond I'm forming with my little one leaves me so fulfilled.

Yep, it's rough having a newborn.  It's disorganized and chaotic, if anything.  
I've never been more tired in my life.  
But, I've never been happier either.

No comments:

Post a Comment